GT 1000 Team Leader Qualifications
Team Leaders serve as mentors and role models to new Georgia Tech students. As such, we look for motivated, dependable, and enthusiastic undergraduate students. The minimum requirements to serve as a GT 1000 TL are:
- Completed at least two semesters at Georgia Tech and will be a currently enrolled undergraduate in the semester you wish to serve as a TL.
- Earned at least a 2.3 cumulative GPA at Georgia Tech. This will be verified with the Registrar's Office.
- Attend mandatory Team Leader Training. Students who do not attend TL training will not be permitted to serve as a Team Leader.
- Be in Good Academic Standing and Good Judicial Standing. This will be verified with the Dean of Students' Office.
- Be willing to commit to spending at least two hours per week. (One hour attending the class and one hour meeting with the instructor outside of class expected.)
- Enjoy working with and mentoring first-year students.
- Promote and support the GT 1000 program.
- Participate in Project One.
Team Leader Application Process
How to apply to be a Team Leader:
- Applications for Team Leaders open each year in mid-February and are due in early March. For Fall 2018, Team Leader applications will open January 16th, 2018. Applications will be due January 31st, 2018 at 11:59pm.
- All Team Leaders, both new and returning, are required to submit an application.
- After applications have been reviewed, applicants will be notified by the Team Leader Advisory Board (TLAB) via email if they received an interview.
- Interviews will be held in mid-February, and applicants will be notified of final selections by the end of February.
- All Team Leaders must attend one mandatory TL training session, which will be held in early March.
If you have questions about the Team Leader program or the application process, please contact the Team Leader Advisory Board (TLAB) at email@example.com.