GT 2000 Instructor Qualifications
Faculty, administrators, and professional staff from across campus are welcome to apply to teach the course. The minimum qualifications for instructors are.
- Master's degree or higher (Candidates with a Bachelor's are eligible to teach alongside a co-instructor with a Master's)
- Permission from supervisor, director, or department head/chair
- Currently employed at Georgia Tech for at least one year and in good standing
- Enthusiasm for teaching college students, especially transfer students
All instructors, both new and returning, are required to apply to teach GT 2000 each year. The process to apply is:
- Complete the GT 2000 Instructor Application (application opens March 1)
- Meet with the Assistant Director of the Center for Academic Enrichment for a brief interview (new instructors only)
- Attend GT 2000 Instructor Training in June
If you have questions about teaching GT 2000, please contact Dr. Lacy Hodges at email@example.com or (404) 385-7648.